Thursday, September 15, 2011

And the introductions continue

Today I'm going to try to finish introducing my family, while under the influence.  I had a root canal this morning, so I have some nice happy meds in this afternoon.  Hope I don't, say, forget a child or something.

Daughter, age 30 12, StrongWilledChef.  Some in the house might just call her brat. She is a musician, and has a dream (which she's had since age eight) of owning an Italian restaurant, where she will stroll through playing her violin as her Italian food delights simmer in the kitchen.  And, she's very organized - she has a backup plan while her restaurant is taking off.  She will author a book in the interim, to pay the bills.

SWC is complicated.  She is the most giving kid, at times, and then at other times she is almost intolerably hateful.  She is  the child who will never be peer pressured - but sometimes this makes her social life nonexistant.  She's ok with that.  SWC amuses herself.  She reads a lot, and writes more.  She's self-sufficient, and has been very set in her ways since birth, if that is possible.  She was my hardest baby, but I bet she will be the most stellar adult imaginable.

Daugher, age 11, Fashionista Athlete, is the heart of the group.  She's sweet and loving and supportive eighty percent of the time.  She loves people, and when she loves you, boy do you know it.  She hugs a lot, and is the first one to take care of anyone who is hurting.  She loves basketball, but is not good at it; her deal is encouraging her teammates and being part of a group. 

She also loves to run and does so with me and with a group of lady runners.  She identifies herself as a trail runner, and a basketball player, and a future actress, in that order. She's not a scholar, and she has organization challenges.  Her room is always a mess; she often forgets to turn in homework.  Her shoes are untied as often as they are tied and her glasses always have smudges.  None of this seems to phase Fashionista.  She is laidback, and has been since her birth.

Tomorrow: Boyfriend and one of his daughters.  If I get ambitious I will try to get both his daughters and the dog in.  For now I am stoned on pain meds (legal and prescribed) and tired after oral surgery, so I am going to call this a wrap.  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment