Monday, September 26, 2011

And Dog, and others

We have a dog.  She's good but she barks alot and eats underwear. I got her from my law school husband, who was worried about me running alone with a stalker (yep.  you read that right.), and who also wanted to get rid of his dog because he never walked her.

We have some other people in our "cast" of life.  Running Man has another daughter, Hippy Hula.  She's twenty and pregnant.  I have a close friend, Purse Girl.  She loves purses and went to law school with me.  We have exes, and I won't bother naming them because I don't want to mess with them at all.  There are others.

But, enough of that.  I'm bored with it.  I had two trials today, back to back, and now I'm ready for a day of peace.  I doubt I will get one though because it just never seems to work that way.

Today I won a big trial - and it was a big mistake in a way.  I am really glad I got my delinquent off the clearly fabricated allegations he faced.  BUT, and this is a big ongoing issue - I work for the Juvenile Officer as GAL and then I am directly adversarial to her in my other role with delinquents.  I don't love that and I don't think I am good at it, so today, winning, was a big deal.  I could tell she didn't like it.

So, I did my job well and that was a bad thing.  Makes it hard to revel in victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment